Author Topic: Article by Steve Fisher  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Mickg

• View Profile
Article by Steve Fisher
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
The following is an article by Steve Fisher, you will definately see it on Facebook.
Very sobering stuff, the link is an extraordinary article or obituary on Shannon Christy, please read.

"Perhaps our lesson is to try being more prepared for the unexpected?

I’ve only knowingly risked my life a few times ever, and I’m not necessarily proud of all of those times. Yes, things can go wrong, but many top paddlers have never truly risked their lives: “If you mess up, you die” usually translates to something like, “Nah Dude, I’m just not feelin’ it, I’m gonna walk.” That’s a fact, and although the pictures are impressive and the risk of injury is prevalent, we honestly don’t actually risk our lives that much. If we did, it would be a slap in the face of our loved ones: we’re supposed to take the safe way home! You knowingly risk your life when the alternative to death is worse than death, not when the alternative is, “sick, dude!” If you think that intentionally risking your life for fun is worth it, then I’m pretty sure you’ve never given CPR, zipped up a body bag, or called the parents of your deceased friend.

Here’s the advice: Yes, push yourself, but only for yourself. Test yourself and have fun, but don’t feel like you need to risk all..." Steve Fisher

Steve Fisher
5 hours ago
If anyone knows me or knew Shannon, please read this and share: http://www.fishmunga.com/shannon-christy/

Mick